Patient Code of Conduct
Patient/Visitor Code of Conduct
To provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients, staff, and visitors, Crystal Run Healthcare asks that all visitors, patients, and accompanying family members follow all guidelines as outlined in our Code of Conduct.
As a patient visiting our practice we expect the patient to:
- Provide the most accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to the patient’s health.
- Report unexpected changes in condition to the responsible provider.
- Follow the treatment plan that you developed in collaboration with your provider based on your personal goals and values. This may include following the instructions of nurses and allied health personnel.
- Let our staff know when you don’t understand the treatment plan or what is expected of you.
- Keep appointments as scheduled or contact the practice at least 24 hours prior to that appointment to cancel or reschedule.
- Be responsible for your own actions and the consequences of those actions. If you refuse treatment or do not follow the provider’s instructions, outcomes may be sub-optimal.
- Meet your financial obligation to the practice and if you have concerns about doing so, let us know in advance of the appointment by contacting one of our financial representatives at844-259-5944.
- Abide by any practice or public health and safety policies or regulations, such as not smoking or wearing a mask.
- Refrain from possession and/or use of non-prescribed drugs or alcoholic beverages.
- Contact our Director of Operations or Site Supervisor before leaving our office if you are not happy with the care or any of the services that you have received so we can address your concerns in real-time.
- Be courteous with the use of your cell phone and other electronic devices. When interacting with any of our staff, please put your devices away unless agreed upon by you and the provider to necessitate care.
- Supervise any underage children accompanying you.
The following behaviors are prohibited and/or may be grounds for discharge from the practice:
- Possessing firearms or any weapon.
- Intimidating, harassing, physically assaulting, or threatening staff or other patients.
- Making threats of violence through phone calls, letters, voicemail, email, or other forms of written, verbal, or electronic communication.
- Damaging business equipment or property.
- Making menacing or derogatory gestures.
- Making racial, cultural, or sexual slurs or other derogatory remarks.
- Repeatedly missing your scheduled appointments without notifying the practice. More than 3no-shows will put you at risk.
- Refusing to follow the provider’s treatment plan or instructions for a high-risk diagnosis.
As a patient, if you are subjected to any of these behaviors or witness inappropriate behavior, please report it to any staff member. Violators are subject to removal from the facility and/or discharge from the practice
For your convenience, you may also download the Patient/Visitor Code of Conduct:
Patient Code of Conduct (English)